Guanacaste Costa Rica Fishing
Fishing in Guanacaste, in the gulf of Papagayo or Tamarindo beach is well known for abundant fishing round the year. inshore fishing for rooster, hambejack, cubera snapper and other inshore species and deep sea fishing for sail, mahi-mahi, yellowfin tuna and marlin.
So, are you experienced fisherman?; its really doesn't matter, we cater for experienced and novice fisherman too; their families and friends are welcome to enjoy our fishing in Guanacaste Costa Rica to combine passion and pleasure for sea and fishing.
Pick up by boat from Hotel beach in Papagayo
Where are you staying?, we could pick up by boat from many hotels here in gulf of Papagayo; so let us know about your hotel or beach and we will figure out if you will need transfer to meet our boats or is possible direct pick up by boat from your hotel or house beach.
WE ARE BOATS OWNERS!!!; so why not to book with us and save some money when you vacation in Guanacaste. Our crew will make all what they can do to reach the best fishing spots and to catch the fish you are looking for.
Guanacaste Fishing Reports
On May 27, 2013
- The Ron Shepperd group from the Riu Guanacaste hotel was fishing on board LA CHILA-G and CORMORAN for a 6 hours trip both. They had a nice day landing: 4 sailfish the guys on board the CORMORAN and 4 sails on LA CHILA-G, also caught a few dorados and a few bonitos.
and the weather...well, you can see in the pic below, it is perfect, no windy conditions and no showers, calm seas and sail, dorado, rooster and other species are biting!!!
On May 25, 2013
- Trey Allen and his wife, from the Four Seasons Resort, were deep sea fishing (and snorkeling) on board the MONO boat and Jesus Mendez captian. They had a nice day fishing in the gulf of Papagayo, raised 5 sails and released 3 of them. Also, they had time to practice snorkeling in Playa Huevos.
On May 24, 2013
- The Ron Shepperd group, a large party of 16 people were fishing out of Riu Guanacaste on board the T-BOAT, the 44ft Hatteras, the BRINDISI 37 and LA CHILA-G. People on board the two larger boats had a nice day but no sails landed, just a few dorados; however, the group on bord LA CHILA-G had a bussy 6 hours trip. They released one saifish, caught 4 dorados, a very good size hamberjack, a cubera snapper, a roosterfish and a lot of bonitos.
On May 18, 2013
- Thimoty Fields and two more friends from the Riu Guanacate hotel were deep sea fishing on board the CORMORAN boat. They had a nice day and landed a sailfish and 4 mahi mahi.
On May 5 and 6, 2013
Starting May fishing get better here in our region, including gulf of Papagayo, Flamingo and Tamrindo, sails and marlins come to the gulf after the schools of small dorados and bonitos that can be found in the gulf of Papagayo.
- Armando Muniz and his wife, Anna Marie Muniz, where fishing with us on board our LA CHILA-G boat and Arnaldo Mendez captain. They caught different species and i would like to share some nice pics we took in those two days.
Papagayo offshore fishing, on April 16, 2013
It is getting better!!!
- This time, Jesus Mendez, on board the CORMORAN boat took Paul Mariscal, his father and his son. The 3 of them were offshore fishing out of Playa del Coco. They had a nice day and landed 5 sailfish.
- Also, Arnaldo Mendez, on board LA CHILA-G boat took a guy from the the Riu Guanacaste hotel fishing offshore for a full day charter. They had a lot of sails raised and released 9 of them and also a big dorado.
Papagayo offshore and inshore fishing, on April 14, 2013
Captains have been reporting good offshore fishing. Rains are coming, fishing is improving and we hope it gets better with more species to catch such as wahoo and yellowfin.
- Tom Janukowicz who was staying at the Four Seasons Papagayo had a busy day fishing on board our LA CHILA-G boat with Arnaldo Mendez as captain. They were fishing near the Bat islands and released 8 small roosterfish, 2 good sized hamberjacks and 2 big jack jurel.
- Bill Lloyd and two more friends were fishing out of the Riu Guancaste hotel on board our CORMORAN boat. They have a excellent offshore fishing day and landed 8 sailfish and one blue marlin.
Fishing offshore out of Playa Conchal on April 13, 2013
- The Crystal Schmidth group was fishing offshore out of Playa Conchal on board LA CHILA-G boat and Arnaldo Mendez catpain. They had a nice day and raised 9 sails and landed 4 of them.
Read more fishing reports here
If you are staying in gulf of Papagayo then you can be interested in this site information:http://www.costa-rica-fishingtrips.com/
. Here you will find a lot of information that will help plan your trip to Costa Rica, to Papagayo.
We pick up by boat and for free from the Riu Palace Costa Rica