Fishing in Guanacaste
Fishing in Guanacaste, in the gulf of Papagayo is well known for abundant fishing round the year. inshore fishing for rooster, hambejack, cubera snapper and other inshore species and deep sea fishing for sail, mahi-mahi, yellowfin tuna and marlin.
So, are you experienced fisherman?; its really doesn't matter, we cater for experienced and novice fisherman too; their families and friends are welcome to enjoy our fishing in Guanacaste Costa Rica to combine passion and pleasure for sea and fishing.
Pick up by boat from Hotel beach in Papagayo
Contact Papagayo SportFishing
Call us: C.R at :: 011-(506)-8331-2731
or local in USA at :: 954-601-5141
Where are you staying?, we could pick up by boat from many hotels here in gulf of Papagayo; so let us know about your hotel or beach and we will figure out if you will need transfer to meet our boats or is possible direct pick up by boat from your hotel or house beach.
WE ARE BOATS OWNERS!!!; so why not to book with us and save some money when you vacation in Guanacaste. Our crew will make all what they can do to reach the best fishing spots and to catch the fish you are looking for.
Guanacaste Fishing Reports
Fishing On September 28th, 2013.
Myself, my son Esteban and my nephew Diego were inshore fishing on last Saturday, September 28th on board our LA CHILA-G. My brother Arnaldo Mendez, the captain, took us where the fish are. I say this in present cause we have had very good fishing since late July and continue…
This is late September and no much rains, just a few showers and flat seas conditions. We had great time fishing something for dinner. At 9am we had a bonito and a small dorado, later, by 10am we released two sailfish. We had good dorado/mahi-mahi biting; however, only kept 7 of them and a good sized wahoo. In the way back we saw 3 whales near Playa del Coco.
Fishing On September 15th, 2013.
On their second day charter, Mike Sheerin, Victor Rossi and Jim Marcel were inshore fishing again for a half day charter. This time they were a little happier due the fishing was better. They caught 6 dorados, a small tuna and also landed two nice pacific sailfish. Enough for a 4 hours charter, right? Hope to see you guys once again next year!!!.
Fishing On September 12th, 2013.
Mike Sheerin was fishing with us last year and also was fishing with us today for a half a day inshore charter on board the CORMORAN. He and two more friends are staying in Coco beach and want to be fishing for a few more days. Today they caught 4 small dorados and released a sailfish.
Fishing On September 7th, 2013.
- Today was the last day of fishing of the Griffin couple from the Riu Guanacaste hotel. They wanted to go deep sea fishing again as the first time. Landed 4 of 6 sailfish and also caught 2 bull dorados.
Fishing On September 6th, 2013.
- Phillip and Heidi Moore were fishing with us for 3 days on board our MONO boat and Jesus Mendez captain. They had a nice time fishing with us, caught a lot of dorado and a sailfish.
- Chris and his wife in their second day fishing with us. As the first time, they were on board the LA CHILA-G boat with Arnaldo Mendez captain fishing inshore. They relased 3 roosterfish and caught one dorado.
Fishing On September 5th, 2013.
- Fishing is hot for both: offshore and inshore. Today we took the Ginger Copeland group deep sea fishng on board LA CHILA-G boat and they had a great day, landing 3 of 5 sailfish and 3 dorados fishing offshore. In the afternoon they were fishing inshore and caught 2 roosterfish too.
- Jesus Mendez on board the CORMORAN boat took Sarah Ruscheinsky and her group fishing for a full day. They landed 2 sailfish and caught 15 dorados.
Fishing On September 4th, 2013.
- Today was the last try for the Marcellus Plenge group and they decided to go after roosterfish for a half day charter on board the CORMORAN boat, and they did it, the released 4 roosterfish.
On September 3rd, 2013.
- Chris Christopher and his wife were deep sea fishing with us on board LA CHILA-G and Arnaldo Mendez captain. They had a nice and landed 9 of 12 sailfish and also caught 3 dorados.
- This was the Marcellus Plenge group second day charter. They were deep sea fishing on board the CORMORAN boat and Jesus Mendez captain. Released 4 of 7 sailfish and caught one dorado.
Read more fishing reports here
We want to thanks to Papagayo Sportfishing
for the latest fishing reports. Visit this site if you want to read about the latest fishing reports in Papagayo and Flamingo beach.
We pick up by boat and for free from the Riu Palace Costa Rica